Monday, June 23, 2008

Doggy Bday Cake


A nurse at my work asked me to make a cake for her daughter's bday...so I said yes....the theme? Dogs.
I haven't made a cake from scratch nor decorated one for awhile now... so honestly this is my first cake after a long hiatus....and it shows.....look at the border!!

Here is the end result...very amateurish!! Especially when I look at all the cakes on all the different blogs...
PUH-LEEEZE!!....I need to practice practice practice and oh yeah....PRACTICE!!!
I didnt have another cake board except for this one...Rule #1: make sure you have everything you need and plan ahead!!
How ugly and old is this board??? hahahaha
Oh and I could have attempted another border but at that point I was seriously running out of time and needed to finish.....in the end my co-worker and her daughter LOVED it and she said everyone at the party said it was delicious and I got an order from one of her guests to make a bday cake for her son...so I am happy that they were happy!!! But this definately gives me the desire to jump back into the 21st Century of cake decorating and learn all I can, get more organized and really become a spectacular decorator.........Friday I am planning on making a batch of cupcakes and maybe decorate some cookies...

4 comments:

Pamela said...

The cake looks great! I have yet to try anything as elaborate as this. Nice job!

Megan said...

Well, for not having made one recently, I think you did a great job! How did you form the dog? My daughter loves dogs and it would be fun to surprise her with one!

Bungalow Barbara said...

As someone who has NEVER decorated a cake, I am blown away! I think you are holding yourself to an extremely high standard -- which is great, but please don't be too hard on yourself if you don't live up to it. I bet your cake customers will be as impressed as I am!

Kana said...

Lovely cake. Welcome to TWD!