Monday, June 23, 2008

TWD ~ Mixed Berry Cobbler

I made it thru my first TWD baking day!! YAY!!

So the recipe was pretty simple and straight forward...all was fine until about 20 minutes into the cobbler baking....I went in the kitchen to take a little peek and when I opened the door the crust was so brown!!! Like Im about to burn in 2 minutes if Im not pulled out of this oven brown!!!!! The sides were bubbling but I could tell the middle was still not cooked thru..so I lowered the temp to 325 and waited about 10 more minutes and I had to pull it out because it was dark brown....the darker the crust the sweeter the cobbler???? I dont know..anyway the crust was cooked thru, so although its not that pretty it tastes pretty good...oh well!

Here is the pic of my lil darkie ; )

11 comments:

Dolores said...

You *did* it. And it tastes good. Sounds like a win to me! Welcome to the mad mad world of TWD.

ostwestwind said...

I like the rustic look. And isn't it the taste that count?

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Pamela said...

The taste is really all that matters! Welcome to TWD! I've had some fairly unattractive yet delicious treats myself. But I just keep going! :)

Jules Someone said...

Welcome! The cobbler looks yummy, regardless.

Megan said...

How exciting - your first TWD!
If you want to see some real disasters come to my blog - hahahahaha!

Welcome and great job!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Welcome! Good for you!

Maybe you need to check your oven temperature -- perhaps it's running hot.

Linda said...

Congrats on your first TWD recipe... when it's all said and done, it's the taste that matters, and it sounds like your cobbler was a success!

Di said...

Good thing you checked on it before the time was up. =) Brown = flavor, right? Welcome to TWD!

Sharon said...

Welcome to TWD. I like your rustic cobbler...perhaps your oven is hotter than you think.

Shari said...

I bet it has more flavor that way! Welcome to the group!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Cecilia said...

Welcome to the group, and congratulations on recreating the first selection! I'm glad you liked it! Beauty doesn't matter; it's all about the taste.